Translate

Total Pageviews

Friday 13 December 2013

Trilliem Exchange: #8

 I have had to start over on the box. I was finding the wood quite chippy and recommendation on the carving forums was to soak it for an hour in water. Unfortunately, the glue I used was water soluble and the pieces came apart. The next morning I found the long narrow panels had warped to the point of not being able to glue them back together again.

Of course before I could make a new lid, life got in the way and I am only now coming back to this project. I have decided that instead of deep relief I am going to use chip carving to create the images from the original onto the one I am making. After all the images are chip carved I will go back and do a very shallow relief work on the clothing just to give it some texture.


No comments:

Post a Comment