Translate

Total Pageviews

Saturday 30 November 2013

Trillium Exchange: #7



I have made some more progress on the carving. I did end up ordering some miniature carving tools. They have helped tremendously. Now the only set back is my skill at relief carving, which it turns out I am not very good at, and my own eyesight. I wear glasses for detail work but wish I had some of the magnifying glasses you can wear over your prescription glasses. It would go a long way to helping see the work more clearly.

I have discussed this project with my mentor, who is not part of the Trillium Exchange, to see if she thinks I am on track time wise. She has full confidence in my ability to at least get the idea across if not create a perfect replica. But, she agrees that considering the time it has taken to get this much carving done (12+) hours, that I may need to shrink the scope of the project. Her suggestion was to complete the lid but leave the rest of the box uncarved.

The perfectionist in me says no way, all or nothing, the realist sees her point and the merit in her suggestion. I can spend the rest of my time making thing lid look as good as possible. Getting a really good looking lid will provide the recipient with a nice display piece, that showcases my skill, without making me stress to the point of illness over getting the whole thing done.


No comments:

Post a Comment