Translate

Total Pageviews

Saturday 30 November 2013

Trilliem Exchange: #6


I carved the first panel in the lid of my box. Turned out the tools I have are just to large to get int and make the details seen in the original. My eyes and skill may be an issue as well. I've ordered some new micro carving tools to get into all those tight spaces and can hopefully salvage the carving I have done and do better on the carvings still to come.

I do know that who ever made the original box had a high degree of skill and great eyesight. Or possibly some way to magnify the work so he or she could get in all the detail they did. I zoomed in on the front panel of the box and realized that every single person is holding something in their hands. Goblets, scrolls, and what looks like a feather quill are just a few of the things I was able to identify.

I know my skills will not allow me to recreate the box perfectly, I do hope I can at least get the feel and idea across to my recipient.

No comments:

Post a Comment