Translate

Total Pageviews

Friday 20 December 2013

A&S 50/50 Challenge: Nalbound Cap #11

Wool Cap #11

Brand of Wool: Paton's Classic Wool
Colours: Yellow
Stitch: Coptic Stitch
Notes: Started with the Josephine knot but got the slip know backwards. As I was working the top row came undone. I laced a piece of yarn through and tied a knot to close the peak. I ran out of yellow so I used red for the rest of the hat. It actually looks nice and has a nicely shaped peak. I think I would prefer if all my hats were either smooth or shaped like this, instead of the pixie acorn cap shapes I get sometimes.

The coptic stitch is the only nalbound stitch that I know of that looks like knitting, and will unravel like knitting. Near the top my increases were quite sloppy but they became much smoother as I worked further down. The mistakes and sloppy increases are easier to see in the red than in the yellow.


No comments:

Post a Comment