Translate

Total Pageviews

Friday 20 December 2013

A&S 50/50 Challenge: Nalbound Cap #18

Wool Cap #18

Brand of Wool: Homespun
Colours: Light Green
Stitch: Dalby stitch
Notes: I dislike this wool intensely. It is lumpy and tended to catch on itself while pulling the yarn through the loops. The wool is very course and feels stiff but not waxy. I started this hat at the brim but it ended up being to small for me. To make it larger, I went back and added more rows to the brim. Finally just stopped as it did not seem to be working at all.

At some point I started making a different stitch of an unknown name. I completed a row just for effect but had issues with how it looked and occasionally the yarn would break creating holes. I want to use this new stitch to make a hat.

The new stitch is a Oslo in the second loop and a York in the first creating an equals sign bracketed on top and bottom by right slants.
/
=
/
Update: In May of 2013, I figured out that the "new stitch" was in fact the Dalby Stitch. So all the previous hats listed as Dalby are incorrectly labeled and I have no idea what stitch they are actually made with.  I figured this out while looking at Neulakinna's Nalbinding and I found a video she did of the Dalby Stitch.

Now that I have figured this out I need to make some hats from the real Dalby stitch and figure out what I did on the others. After analyzing it I think maybe I was just doing a reverse Aisle stitch with an F1 connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment