Translate

Total Pageviews

Friday 20 December 2013

A&S 50/50 Challenge: Nalbound Hat #19

Wool Cap #19

Brand of Wool:Unknown Brand
Colours: Light grey
Stitch: Dalby stitch
Notes: This wool is very fine and is from a cone of wool I purchased at an event. It was left over from the Potsdam Arts Council and was being sold for donations. I made this hat very big so it could be felted down to fit the Spouse's head. Because the Dalby stitch creates a very smooth even fabric I plan to embroider the hat once it is felted.

I did the embroidery with a bone needle I created. It is to large to use on finer weaves but it worked very well for embroidering on the finished cap. I used the split stitch, the chain stitch, and the unequal cross stitch to create the different patterns.





No comments:

Post a Comment