Translate

Total Pageviews

Sunday 2 March 2014

Nalbinding: Playing with Connections

I haven't done another hat recently but I was asked to make another pair of socks for the spouse. I decided I wanted to try playing with the connection B1+F1, the same connection used on the Aisle Mitten. With the Aisle Mitten the rows are very tight on one side and smooth on the other and fabric is very dense, making it really good for heat retention and water resistance.

I decided to use the same connection but with the Mammen Stitch. I don't know what I was expecting but I was definitely delighted to find that my efforts resulted in a fabric with a tight set on rows on one and a smooth surface on the other. The fabric isn't quite as dense as with the Aisle stitch but it is still dense enough to make for a great winter sock here in Canada.



No comments:

Post a Comment