Translate

Total Pageviews

Saturday 21 September 2013

Trillium Exchange #1: Sept 2013 -Feb 2014

I signed up for the Trillium Exchange, a hand made gift exchange between people in the Kingdom of Ealdormere. The person I drew has been in the SCA for quite a long time and has many high level awards to their name. Needless to say I am intimidated by the prospect of making something for this person. We are limited to $25 and that must include delivery, but if it is something we already own it doesn't count towards the limit.

We have been asked to keep notes, which I wanted to do anyway, but to not publish any details until after our gift has been delivered to its intended recipient. This will make it hard to keep as a blog but I will make my posts and simply save them as drafts. After my recipient has received their gift I will publish all the draft posts at the same time.

I have several ideas for what to make. I have gotten some really good ideas and feedback from Cate Townsend, who is not in this exchange. She was able to find some stuff in the British Museum that would be very interesting to make and would really push my skills to another level. While trying to match her searches phrases I came across a couple of nice Bronze pieces that look cool.

While I have not decided on a project yet, I do have several ideas that I am bouncing around.
  • A Wooden replica of a bronze strap end.
  • A carved wooden box.
  • A carved bone grooming kit - ear scoop, tweezers, comb, etc.
  • A bronze brooch.
  • A Bronze replica of the bronze strap end above.
Each of these would be a challenge for me and hopefully something gobsmackingly awesome for my recipient. 

No comments:

Post a Comment