Translate

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 25 September 2013

A&S 50/ 50 Challenge: Wool Cap #2


Wool Cap #2

Brand of Wool: Paton's and Lion Brand 
Colours: Purple and Yellow
Stitch: Oslo
Notes:
This was the first cap I tried to create a braided edging. To create he edge I made four stitches then a chain of four stitches, reconnected on the fifth stitch and repeated all the way around the brim. When I got back to the started point I made a chain of four stitches, then where the previous row was not connected to the hat I connected the second row. While doing that I made sure the second row of stitches wove over and under the first row.

The braided edge looked nice, if a little uneven, until I felted the hat in the washing machine. Now from a distance it looks like a slightly scalloped edge and close up it just looks like a solid mass. Felting the hat in the washing machine also resulted in it being a bit small for me to wear comfortably and is quite itchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment