Translate

Total Pageviews

Saturday 18 January 2014

Largesse: Round 2

I've been working on more largesse entries. As noted in the last entry I decided to make paternosters as my part of the Household Entry. In the end I made a total of 10 paternosters. Most of them are made from wooden beads but 2 ended up being made from gemstones. The one on the left is rose quartz and snowflake obsidian. The one on the right is made from amythest and owllite.

I also decided to make some small 8.5 x 11ish pennants with our Baronial device on them. There are seven of the rectangular ones and two that are in the more traditional shape, the extended triangle, pennant. The fabric is some very light weight polyester I purchased from the local fabric store and the image is made with acrylic paints. I plan to get them hemmed up over the next week or so.

My home canton, Harrowgate Heath, voted this weekend to make an entry for the Dirty Dozen Donation Derby as well. We decided on the theme "Things for little hands"; toys, garb, and items made specifically for the children of our Barony and Kingdom.

For my part of that theme I made two small carved animal toys, a horse and a lion. They are quite small as you can see in the photo of the lion with my hand as backdrop. They are carved from scrap basswood I had lying around and are coated with tung oil to help them stand up to little fingers and mouths. Even though they are only 1/2 inch thick they stand up on their own and look pretty proportional.

Since I nalbind for relaxation in front of the TV I plan to use up my partial skeins of yarn to make a couple of kids sized nalbound caps. I am also considering making a couple of faux leather 4 panels caps if time permits.

I still haven't put my spice collection together but I have been collecting the recipes. One recipe for each spice that I will include in each basket. The ground spices will be sealed into small glass jars but the whole spices will be presented in a small bag. I was going to use a plastic bag that zips shut but the Spouse thinks I should make small linen bags soaked in beeswax and then scraped to make them pliable again. I am still thinking over that idea.







No comments:

Post a Comment